Our Goal ~ One & Done!
Click on desired course below:
State Requirements For the State of Alabama
ALABAMA REQUIREMENT DETAIL FOR REAL ESTATE PRE-LICENSING EDUCATION
Hours Required By The State: 60 hours
Max Hours in a 24-Hour Period: Alabama real estate licensees will not receive credit for more than 6 hours of pre licensure per day. Our online course delivery system manages this requirement for you.
The CE Shop Offering: 60 hours
Final Exam Instructions and Proctoring Information: The state requires that your final course exam be proctored and you achieve a score of 70% or higher to pass. The final exam and can be taken as many times as needed to pass. The state requires that your final course exam be proctored. You’ll need to schedule an appointment with an online proctor in advance. You can find full details of the proctoring process here. Upon passing the final course exam you will be asked to sign an affidavit verifying your identity as the student who completed the course and the final course exam.
Temporary ID Required: Pre-registration with the Commission prior to your prelicense course exam is required to allow scheduling of the state license exam and issuing of a license. This information is required to expedite the exchange of information among your instructor, the exam provider and the state of Alabama. You can register for your temporary ID here. You will be required to provide this number at the end of your pre-licensing course.
Reporting: Real estate course completions are reported to the Alabama Real Estate Commission within 3 business days. Please be sure to provide your ID number as that is required for us to report your completion.
Expiration Date of Course: The CE Shop’s Pre-Licensing courses expire one year after the date of purchase. The CE Shop will allow students to purchase a new course at a 50% discount of the current retail price of the new course. Each individual course will have an expiration date listed in the student’s account.Please Note: Salesperson applicants must pass the state licensing salesperson examination within six (6) months immediately following the date of successful completion of the salesperson prelicense course per AREC rules.
Certificates: Upon completion of the course, The CE Shop will provide students with an electronic certificate of completion. Certificates will remain in your account for a minimum of five years, should you need additional copies. Please refer to your license application to determine if you need to submit your certificate of completion with your license request. Course completion dates are recorded using Central Standard Time. Please note that the date of your certificate of completion will reflect this.
Post-License: Completion of the 30 hour post license course is required for salespersons within the first six months of licensure for active licensees and within one year for inactive licensees. Note: There is no post license requirement for brokers.
Reciprocal License Information:
Please note that the 6 hour reciprocity course is only for salespersons. This course final exam is NOT proctored. The CE Shop does not offer a reciprocity course for brokers at this time.
- Name, address of licensee
- Status of the license (current, renewed, expired, inactive)
- Type of license
- Period of time the licensee has been active or inactive in the last 36 months
- Passed an examination and if it consisted of national and state portions
- Record of any disciplinary action
- Any additional documentation the AREC may require.
Types of licensing:
- If a person holds an entry level license in a qualifying state and they meet the eligibility requirements in AL, person who holds first level or entry level equates to a salesperson license in AL.
- If a person holds a license beyond entry level in a qualifying state and they meet the eligibility requirements in AL, person who holds second level equates to a broker license in AL.
Applicant Qualifications to be met:
- Complete 6 hours of reciprocal salesperson prelicense or reciprocal broker prelicense coursework. These 6 hours CANNOT qualify as CE credit.
- Pass the reciprocal salesperson or reciprocal broker license examination offered by the testing agency under contract with the Commission.
- Examination fee shall be paid.
- Must be passed within 6 months immediately following the date of completion of the course. If applicants fail to pass within 6 months, they must complete the course again and pass the license exam.
- Passing grade is 70%. Time limit 1 hour for completion of exam.
Licensee CE Requirement:
- Complete any one of the following:
- Complete 15 hours of CE courses approved by AL REC.
- Submit to the Commission a certification of licensure or letter that is issued by the regulatory agency in the state where pre course work was completed and the licensing examination was passed.
- Letter must include: type of license, license is active and current at least through October 1 of the calendar year during which the AL license is being renewed, and full licensing examination in that state.
- Certification of licensure or letter (above) must be dated no earlier than June 1 of the final year of the AL license period and must have to the Commission no later than September 30 of the final year of AL license period.
- If CE is not satisfied by the prescribed deadline the reciprocal licensee shall be automatically place on inactive status and are subject to all reactivation requirements.
Active Duty Spouses:
- Are subject to the provisions except that:
o After filing the complete application, certification of licensure from their qualifying state, proof of their spouse’s active service – they will have their initial license fee waived and their reciprocal license expedited.
o Will be given a temporary status for salesperson or broker license of no more than 180 days with the expectation that all remaining requirements will be met during that time. If it not completed in the 180 days, the temporary license will expire and will not be reissued.
ALABAMA REAL ESTATE COMMISSION
Street Address: 1201 Carmichael Way, Montgomery, AL 36106-3674